Why Pursue you dreams on a bicycle when you do it on a Mercedes Benz?
15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Benefits of Acceleration:
1. You get to your destiny quickly/Convenience
2. High productivity
3. It keeps you on the cutting edge
4. It makes you a leader/driver
5. You impact humanity for the better
*God desires for us to experience acceleration His way.
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Your passion reveals your purpose
Your purpose determines your vision
Your vision focuses and accelerates you toward success
How do I Discover my Purpose?
– If I did not have to work to survive, what would I give my time to for the rest of my life?
– What irritates me the most in this world that I would like to solve?
– What do I enjoy so much that I don’t even care about time when I’m doing it?
What a Vision does for You:
. Gives you Speed. Habakkuk 2.
. Spending your resources wisely
. Allows you ti plan well: Luke 14:28-31
28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? 29 For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30 saying, ‘This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.’
Every Vision should have Goals, Steps, Tasks in order to be Accomplished
Your calendar and schedule to serve the goals, steps and tasks for your vision
1. What’s the one most important thing I have to accomplish in my life time
2. What are the goals, steps and tasks I need to take to get there
3. What should I do every week to keep me inspired and passionate about my vision?
22Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
There are Three Ways of Learning in Life
– Experience: trial and error by yourself
– Revelation: The moment of divine insight.
– Mentor: learning from the experience of one who has gone ahead of you
How a Mentor Accelerates You:
– Gives you his tested and proven strategies and recipes
. Helps you maximize your time, resources and money on what’s profitable
. Saves you the time wasted in experimenting
– Allows you to Learn from his Mistakes
. Saves you from unnecessary and costly mistakes
. Saves you from investing time, money, resources into failing plans
What Happens to People with no Mentors:
– Waste time experimenting before finding what works
– Lack of affirmation: insecurities, frustration and failure
– Wasting resources investing in failed plans
– Miss out on significant opportunities because of lack of counsel
– Undeveloped character to support their gift and talents
Areas Needing Mentorship
. Marriage and parenting
. Education and Career
1. Do I have mentors in the key areas of my life?
2. Who I’m I going to approach to mentor me?
3. How many times will I meet with my mentor every month?
9Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Benefits of Partners:
– Increase your assets by sharing each other success
– Minimize your liabilities by sharing each others burdens
– knowledge and advise
– skill and expertise
– finances and services
How to Pick the Best Partner
– Someone who’s set of skills and talents compliment yours
– Someone who shares your passion
– Someone who pulls there own weight
– Someone of integrity
– Someone who is wise
– Team player
– Track record of productivity
1. Who are the three most important partners in my life?
2. What are the three things I should do in order to keep them happy ?
3. What three things should I do every week in order to grow our relationship?
21 But select capable men from all the people—men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain—and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.
1 In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Grecian Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2 So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables. 3 Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”
. Reduces your load so you can run fast
. Frees you to focus on your priorities
. Saves you from attending to unnecessary tasks
. Gives others around you an opportunity to exercise their gifts
How to Discover Areas that Need Delegation
. Doing something that someone else can do 60% as good as you or better
. Taking on more than you can handle
. Taking care of insignificant tasks
. Over working yourself
. Ignoring important things
How to Locate a Good Delegate:
. Servant hood spirit
. Fast and creative
. Solution provider
. Looks out for your best interest
Who are my three top delegates?
Who are the three people in my life who could help me more and become my delegates?
What are the three unnecessary things I’m doing that I should drop from my “to do” list?
Timing= Preparation + Opportunity
. The surfers practice, train and wait for the wave
. They learn to swim but realize that they move much faster riding on the wave
. David practiced on lions and bears
. Be faithful with the little. There is always someone watching you. Proverbs 28:20
A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
. Study the Protocol and Etiquette for the field you are pursuing
. Develop your daily routine around preparing for your destiny
. Practice Integrity Luke 16:10
10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
. Don’t despise humble beginnings. The power of baby steps
. Preparing with mentors/ commanders/coaches
. Apply Intentional preparation
For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
. God has a fare share of opportunities for everyone
. One day of opportunity is worth more than a thousand days of labor
. Sometimes your eyes have to be open to the opportunities (Atlanta)
. Sometimes you have to take your opportunities
1. What are the top three things I should do everyday to prepare for my destiny
2. What are the three top things I must do everyday to perfect my gift
3. I’m I investing
Matt 6:19, Luke 6:38
. Your present is your seed for your future
. Don’t just think of satisfying today but invest into your future
What do you Invest?
Where to invest
– Your family
– Gods House and his prophets
– Your talents
– The needy and the voiceless. Proverbs 19:17
17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD,
and he will reward him for what he has done.
– Wise proteges
1. Who are the three most important people I should invest my time in
2. What is the one key area I should give of myself in the house of God
3. What is the one thing I will do for charity this year
6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Wisdom has three stages:
1. Knowledge: information or experience
2. Understanding: comprehension
3. Wisdom: Application of the information
Benefits of Wisdom:
. Sound judgment
How do you Gain Wisdom
. By association with the wise
. Listening to mentors
. Seeking knowledge
. God the source of all wisdom
1. I’m receiving wisdom from those I surround myself with?
2. What are the top three things I need to do to apply the wisdom I’ve received?
3. What are the three things I should do everyday to increase my wisdom?
(c) 2012 Zenzo Matoga